Choosing The Right Box and Packaging Suppliers
One of the harsh realities in business is that a good product does not always translate to sales. Presentation is just as important as product quality — sometimes even more so.
Here’s why you need to prioritize product presentation and look for box and packaging suppliers that can match your quality standards and meet your unique product needs:
- 61% of percent of customers who buy luxury goods buy again from brands that use gift-like packaging.
- 60% of customers see a brand as “upscale” if its products come in beautiful, customized packaging.
- “Unboxing” is an important part of the online shopping experience, and this is heightened by attractive, brand-appropriate packaging.
- 71% of consumers expect premium packaging, especially when buying expensive products online.
- Nine out of 10 consumers re-use a branded shopping bag or product box
- Three out of 10 consumers discover a new brand after seeing other people carry their bags or packaging in public.
- 71% of consumers are more likely to buy products in cardboard or paper than other packaging materials.
Based on these statistics, we can deduce that many consumers are particularly attracted to personalized or branded premium packaging that they can reuse. Cardboard is also highly preferred.
Box and Packaging Suppliers: How to Find the Best
Many companies produce and design customized packaging. As a business owner, what you need to do is find one that can match your vision, if not elevate it and present your brand in the best light possible.
Here’s what you need to consider when screening suppliers:
- Material - Some suppliers specialize in a few specific materials, like wood boxes, clear plastic, or paper. If you have a clear idea of what you want your product package to be made of, find a supplier that specializes in that material.
- Packaging Style or Type - Suppliers can also offer a variety of materials and designs for standard packaging. Here at The Boxery, for example, we have chipboard boxes in different shapes and sizes that our customers use as packaging for jewelry, apparel, stationery, and more.
- Customization - How detailed do you want to go with the customization? Do you need printing, cutting, etching, embossing? Aesthetic, branded touches in packaging materials can help win over customers especially if they are buying from a store in a mall, shopping strip, or artisanal shops.
Consumers like to be seen carrying branded shopping bags just as they are interested in what others are carrying (see the statistic above). It will be cost-effective if your supplier can also customize the packaging products you order.
- Quality - If you sell products online or run a logistics business, quality should be a priority for your packaging materials. You’ll want durable boxes and bags that can hold their shape even if they’re stacked. Most importantly, they should protect the products or items inside and keep them intact. You may also need additional packing materials like bubble wraps, shrink film, or chipboard pads.
- Minimum Order Requirement - Cost as a consideration is a given when looking for suppliers, but in this case, you’ll want to pay more attention to the minimum order quantity (MOQ). You could find a supplier whose per-piece price is low (under $1), for example, but their MOQ is way bigger (and therefore more expensive) than you’re comfortable buying in one go.
- Timeliness - Packaging materials should always arrive on time to avoid delay in your deliveries. As you well know, delayed delivery can mean delayed payment, or worse, cancellations. So ask a prospective supplier how they will ensure that your orders will arrive on time. Better yet, read their client reviews or get in touch with some of their customers and ask for their feedback.
If you need carton boxes and packing materials with customized printing as an add-on service, you’re already in the right place. The Boxery offers premium branded packing and packaging products that match or beat any pricing on the web.
The goal is to offer same-day delivery and normally, orders are shipped within 24 hours from the time the order was placed.
For volume quotes, feel free to talk to our knowledgeable team. Choose smart by choosing The Boxery as your box and packaging supplier.